IHOP is going all in on college football this year.
The restaurant chain has announced that it will be producing and releasing a new mini series called “Fan Cakes” which features eight collegiate football players from across the nation discussing their favorite pancake stacks.
One of the players selected to take part and also kick off the series was Alabama’s Jihaad Campbell. The star linebacker selected the Cinn-A-Stack, which was the most popular choice among the players.
“Our IHOP restaurants are a fantastic destination for students and fans to gather pre- or post-game for a meal together. We can’t think of a better way to bring college football fans to the table than by sharing the stories – and pancakes – of their favorite student-athletes,” said Kieran Donahue, Chief Marketing Officer of IHOP.
“We are on a mission to spread more joy every day by encouraging guests in each of the eight regions to visit their local IHOP to try their players’ Fan Cake. From quality, fresh menu options to exciting value offers, we have everything fans need to celebrate their favorite college football team, win or lose.”
Roy Seinfeld, Senior Vice President of National Sales for LEARFIELD, a media and technology company that partnered with IHOP for the new series, was excited about the partnership.
“We are proud to collaborate with IHOP on this new campaign that features some of the nation’s top student-athletes to create deeper connections between the iconic restaurant and loyal college football fans,” said Seinfeld.
“By facilitating the use of school brands with student-athlete NIL, we are excited to help deliver creative ‘Fan Cake’ content and fan engagement opportunities for IHOP.”
The athletes are:
- Jihaad Campbell, University of Alabama, Cinn-A-Stack
- Ephesians Prysock, University of Arizona, Cinn-A-Stack,
- Drew Kendall, Boston College, Mexican Tres Leches
- Cam’Ron Silmon-Craig, University of Colorado, Strawberry Banana
- Roderick Kearney, University of Florida, Cinn-A-Stack
- Devin Mockobee, Purdue University, Chocolate Chocolate Chip
- Kam Dewberry, Texas A&M University, Cinn-A-Stack
- Landen Hatchett, University of Washington, Cinn-A-Stack
Austen Shipley is a staff writer for Yellowhammer News.