7. President Donald Trump is now touting the endorsement of a former Black Lives Matter founder in Rhode Island and the group itself. The Truth Social post is a bit misleading because no chapter of the group has actually endorsed him, not that he should really want such an endorsement and Florida Governor Ron DeSantis is now knocking him for it.
6. An 85-year-old hostage says she confronted Hamas leader Yahya Sinwar and asked him if he was ashamed to do what they did to people who have always supported peace, but he did not respond. Yocheved Lifshitz was a peace activist who regularly helped Palestinian civilians access medical care in Israel before she was kidnapped, beaten by civilians, and kept in Hamas’ terror tunnels.
5. U.S. Rep. Dale Strong (R-Monrovia) is the latest member of the Alabama Republican congressional delegation to get the endorsement of President Donald Trump. The only race that Trump has not endorsed a current Republican member of Congress is District 1, this race has Rep. Barry Moore (R-Enterprise) taking on Rep. Jerry Carl (R-Mobile).
4. U.S. Senator Katie Britt (R-Montgomery) continues to try and stop cartels from using children to abuse the United States’ asylum process. Britt is cosponsoring the PRINTS Act, which would track the number of children being re-trafficked at the border.
3. State Senator Chris Elliott (R-Josephine) wants to cut the funding and change how the board of trustees is appointed for the Alabama Department of Archives and History after the agency ignored lawmakers when they complained about their focus on gay history. Alabama lawmakers are strongly indicating that state agencies and boards that continue to ignore the wishes of the public and elected officials will be receiving scrutiny in the next legislative session.
2. Attorney General Steve Marshall has shut down White Hall, an illegal gambling facility in Lowndes County. The facility was ordered closed by the Alabama Supreme Court, but they have defied the order since September 2022.
1. There are signs that the end is near for the holds on promotions and appointments U.S. Senator Tommy Tuberville (R-Auburn) has been keeping from moving forward. Tuberville allegedly told his GOP colleagues, “Listen, everyone. I got y’all into this mess. I’m gonna get you out.” If true, this could be a sign that Tuberville is blinking.