7. Troy Trojans are going to the Birmingham Bowl, Auburn is off to the Music City Bowl, Jacksonville State will be playing in the New Orleans Bowl and the Florida Gators are at home with a losing record.
6. The Alabama National Guard will now have a new leader with Brig. Gen. David Pritchett replacing Maj. Gen. Sheryl Gordon. This comes on the heels of of a Department of Defense Inspector General’s complaint about her age.
5. Iran continues to receive funds, some with direct approval of the United States, and the U.S. House of Representative wants to put an end to that approval. The No Funds for Iranian Terrorism Act passed with all of Alabama Republican congressmen voted for it. The bill would block Iran from accessing the $6 billion recently released by the Biden administration as part of a prisoner swap.
4. The Republican delegation was not all united in the effort to expel the now-former U.S. Rep. George Santos (R-N.Y.) for various ethics allegations, the sticking point for many is that they were only allegations but for others the Republican majority seems to be at risk. U.S. Rep. Robert Aderholt (R-Haleyville), who voted for him to be expelled, called it an “unprecedented situation.”
3. Alabama Democrats finally got some heat for their post referencing Nazis to criticize U.S. Sen. Tommy Tuberville (R-Auburn). So, naturally the media outlets who came late to the party were called “white folk media” and then everyone dropped it.
2. The Israel-Hamas war is back on as a cease fire expires and attacks on Gaza renew and move south amid weakness by the Biden administration and members of Congress. New information about rapes and beheadings emerge from the music festival that was attacked, and an American warship came under-attack by Iran-backed rebels removed from the terror list by the Biden administration.
1. The 1-loss SEC Champion Alabama Crimson Tide brute-forces their way in to the College Football Playoff at the expense of an undefeated ACC Champion Florida State Seminoles. The sole knock against FSU is that they lost 2 QBs which means they aren’t one of the best teams, but they won the ACC with a 3rd stringer and Alabama passed them by.