7. The coach in the Hoover basketball controversy said the girls were not treated unfairly and they “knew the rules” and that the “boys and girls have always been given equal treatment” in Hoover.
6. State Rep. Rex Reynolds (R-Huntsville) wants retired workers to return to the state workforce where needed and allow them to earn $52,000 a year while drawing a state retirement.
5. Attorney and Alabama-based “civil rights group” Southern Poverty Law Center employee was arrested in a terrorist attack on Atlanta’s “Cop City,” the second such day of violence on the site this year.
4. The Biden administration is looking to return to another Donald Trump policy – detaining migrant families – after their disastrous border policy has caused chaos and record border crossings for years.
3. Alabama Democrats want to revisit Alabama’s abortion ban but it seems unlikely that Republicans will be open to that, even in cases of rape and incest.
2. Gov. Kay Ivey’s State of the State speech will be tonight, the direction of the state on state could be made more clear with the issues that the governor chooses to include and the ones she chooses not to include.
1. Everything the media and their Democrats feared about Fox News’ Tucker Carlson getting access to the tapes from Jan. 6 is coming true as he exposes their continued lies and the dishonesty of the Select Committee on the Jan. 6 Attack.
Dale Jackson is a contributing writer to Yellowhammer News and hosts a talk show from 5-9 a.m. weekdays on WVNN and on Talk 99.5 from 10 a.m. to noon.
Don’t miss out! Subscribe today to have Alabama’s leading headlines delivered to your inbox.