Generally speaking, laws are a good thing. They keep us safe. They give order to society. But it seems like these days legislators are getting carried away and trying to control people’s lives a little too much.
However, that’s not exactly a new phenomenon. Check out these 13 laws that either have been or still are on the books in Alabama.
1. Bear wrestling is prohibited.
2. In Mobile, Alabama, it is against the law to throw confetti or spray silly string.
3. In Mobile, it’s illegal to spit or throw fruit skins on sidewalks.
4. In Montgomery, it is illegal to open an umbrella on a street because it might scare the horses.
5. Dominoes may not be played on Sunday.
6. It’s illegal to wear a fake mustache that causes laughter in church.
7. In Lee County, it’s illegal to sell peanuts after sundown on Wednesday.
8. In Mobile, it is unlawful to howl at ladies inside the city limits.
9. it is illegal to throw salt on railroad tracks.
10. It is illegal to dress up as a priest on Halloween.
11. Incestuous marriages are considered legitimate.
12. It is illegal for a driver to be blindfolded while driving a vehicle.
13. It is illegal to have an ice cream cone in your back pocket.
Follow Cort on Twitter @CortGatliff