7. U.S. Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W. Va.), who is solely responsible for the passing of the Inflation Reduction Act, is now upset with the Inflation Reduction Act or, more accurately stated, the consequences of his actions.
6. Former U.S. Sen. Doug Jones (D-Mountain Brook) tries to slam Lt. Gov. Will Ainsworth for what he called a “pathetic” comment but the slam was pure politics. Ainsworth’s accurate tweet noted the Democrats have pushed to defund the police over the years, while he wants them to have “full resources and our prayers of protection”.
5. A question about how many illegal immigrants were receiving SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) benefits from U.S. Rep. Barry Moore (R-Enterprise) to the Secretary of Agriculture was called “absurd” by the secretary. But Moore reminded the secretary that he still doesn’t have an answer to the question.
4. While questioning Attorney General Merrick Garland, U.S. Sen. Katie Britt (R-Montgomery) took umbrage with his evasive answers to questions about whether the Department of Justice told U.S. Marshalls not to arrest protestors outside of Supreme Court Justices’ houses.
3. U.S. Senator.Tommy Tuberville (R-Auburn) continues to withhold nominees to the Department of Defense over abortion policy saying, “We make the laws.” Other U.S. senators and Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin claim it jeopardizes national security.
2. More charges likely for the man who murder Huntsville police officer Garrett Crumby. Injured Officer Albert Morin remains in critical condition at Huntsville Hospital.
1. FBI will release the manifesto of the mentally-ill terrorist monster who attacked a Christian school in Nashville. Even after the attack, transgender groups are still planning a day of rage in U.S. cities, including Nashville.
Dale Jackson is a contributing writer to Yellowhammer News and hosts a talk show from 5-9 a.m. weekdays on WVNN and on Talk 99.5 from 10 a.m. to noon.
Don’t miss out! Subscribe today to have Alabama’s leading headlines delivered to your inbox.