7. There is allegedly a plan to avoid another government shutdown that was unveiled by Speaker of the House Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) in a closed-door meeting. However, a shutdown is looking more likely every day, and to no surprise, the media is declaring Republicans the villains, but they may be right this time.
6. U.S. Sen. Katie Britt was one of three senators to not sign a letter asking Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) to put the dress code in the U.S. Senate back in place. Britt, and the guy the dress code was changed for, reportedly have a good personal relationship.
5. Alabama’s newest prison that will be placed in Elmore is 90% designed and will now cost more than $1 billion, so far. So far.
4. Attorney General Merrick Garland was grilled by Republican members of Congress who questioned him on the Biden administration’s weaponization of the Department of Justice. Garland was asked about how he was unaware of various Biden-linked shell companies, and how the Hunter Biden special counsel was appointed. AG Garland even hilariously claimed that the DOJ applies the “the same laws to everyone. There is not one set of laws for the powerful and another for the powerless … One for Democrats, and another for Republicans.”
3. Minor High School’s band director Johnny Mims, who got himself tased and arrested, the Alabama Education Association, and some parents who are claiming their kids fainted because of the band director’s actions are attempting to claim that Mims is a victim and the police have traumatized the students who witnessed his bad behavior. No one really believes this.
2. U.S. Sen. Tommy Tuberville (R-Auburn) has forced the absolute capitulation of Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) and now some of the nominees that Tuberville has been blocking will get voted on in the U.S. Senate. Many members of the media and their Democrats will claim that Schumer is engaging in some brilliant strategy, they are lying … poorly.
1. The United States has actively worked to open the border and agents of the government went as far as cutting razor wire and letting illegal immigrants in. To that end, more than 4,000 illegals have entered the country during a recent 24-hour period. And while Venezuelans are over-represented, President Joe Biden declares that they can stay in the country and even get work permits – a decision that will act as a magnet for more people to break into the United States.