7. As the media lies about House Speaker Mike Johnson (R-La.) and his decision to monitor his son’s phone usage (and vice versa), State Rep. Ben Robbins (R-Sylacauga) wants to restrict the usage of porn websites by underage users in Alabama with an age verification system.
6. The race to be the congressman from the newly drawn Second Congressional District is not a statewide race BUT you wouldn’t know that based on the people who have announced they are running for the seat.
5. As states rush to get in on the marijuana business, it is often treated as a drug with no consequences because it is natural or comes from a plant. However, that doesn’t mean it is good for you and, in fact, it is very bad for you.
4. Kenneth Eugene Smith is now officially scheduled to get his way and die by nitrogen hypoxia, he requested this method of death. Gov. Kay Ivey scheduled his death sentence to be carried out between 2 a.m. Jan. 25 and 6 a.m. Jan. 26.
3. The AP, CNN, The New York Times, and Reuters are still working with Gaza-based journalists who were apparently with Hamas as they slaughtered Israeli civilians raising questions about whether they had prior knowledge of the attacks. Additionally, an Israeli officer recounted the attacks of that day and said it was civilians who entered with Hamas and committed most of the atrocities.
2. Birmingham is the latest municipality to seek partnerships with its citizens who have outdoor cameras so they can investigate crimes taking place in the area. Under Connect Birmingham the city claims it would not be able to access the cameras, but the website also says part of the program would allow “first responders access to your camera in an emergency.”
1. The GOP Debate goes on one day after Republicans lose big nationwide and Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis and former UN Ambassador Nikki Haley had decent evenings in the race for second place. But Vivek Ramaswamy stole the show with his attacks against Haley and RNC Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel.