7. Alabama’s cost of buying a house is the lowest in the country with a median sales price of roughly $200k. Hawaii, on the other hand, is the most expensive with a median price over $800k.
6. Apparently not wanting a hostile foreign government and its agents to own land in your state is discriminatory. Not for nothing, Americans CAN NOT own land in China, all land belongs to the state.
5. Gov. Kay Ivey wants more workers, it is the only way to bring in new businesses and it is a big problem.
4. Alabama’s ACT scores are the lowest they have been in decades, but don’t worry, Alabama has a record education budget and it appears no major reforms to education will be forthcoming.
3. Former President Donald Trump canceled a campaign event in Des Moines, Iowa, allegedly over weather and totally not over low attendance, so Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis went to the state and campaigned instead. DeSantis met with voters and told voters how happy he was to be there on a “beautiful night.” He picked up some endorsements in Iowa this week, but is still trailing bigly.
2. President Joe Biden’s comments about “white supremacy” being the nation’s top threat are so silly and wrong, it would normally be pretty funny, but unfortunately, there are still people who believe this president sometimes. To drive home what a lie this is, Biden used his normal “tell” of explaining why he is lying by saying the opposite when he said, “White supremacy … is the single most dangerous terrorist threat in our homeland. And I’m not just saying this because I’m at a Black HBCU; I say this wherever I go.”
1. The border is bad, the media wants you to believe it is not so bad, but governors, mayors, Alabama state legislators, the entire Alabama U.S. House delegation, and U.S. senators from everywhere are having none of this.
Dale Jackson is a contributing writer to Yellowhammer News and hosts a talk show from 5-9 a.m. weekdays on WVNN and on Talk 99.5 from 10 a.m. to noon.
Don’t miss out! Subscribe today to have Alabama’s leading headlines delivered to your inbox.