Watch: Talladega Superspeedway unveils ‘The Garage Experience’
Last year, track officials at Talladega Superspeedway announced they were putting $50 million toward an infield renovation that would upgrade the existing offerings to put in place an area that will allow fans to experience the sport from a different perspective.
Immediately after last October’s event, the track broke ground on a 6-foot-8-inch-tall, 28-foot-wide, 208-foot-long tunnel that would allow RVs and other oversized vehicles to come in and out of the track during race activities.
On Monday, the track released a video showing a flythrough view of the new features that are scheduled to be completed in time for October’s weekend of speedway events.
According to a release put out by the track, the new additions will feature:
- Access inside all of the MENCS garages via an “up-close” fan viewing walkway – It’s like getting in the locker room on game day as fans will be under the same roof, just feet away from the teams and cars of NASCAR’s premier series as they are prepped for the track.
- Open Air Social Club – The 35,000-square-foot venue is just steps away from each of the top 22 MENCS garage stalls and will feature a bar, a large 41-foot diagonal video screen, lounge chairs, tables, televisions and more.
- Celebration Plaza – Be a part of the Gatorade Victory Lane celebration once the winner of each race takes the checkered flag.
- Iron Alley – After entering the Talladega Garage Experience, take a stroll down memory lane, filled with iconic track facts, historic race cars and memorabilia.
- Social Areas – Watch Zone with a magnificent 40×80 foot video board, a Kids Zone and a Beer Garden. A total of 140,000 square feet of engagement areas with plenty of seating for relaxation.
- Wi-Fi – Free Wi-Fi access available only in the Talladega Garage Experience.
- Other enhancements such as Concession Stands, Restroom Complexes, Guest Services Center and fan First Aid Facility are throughout the Talladega Garage Experience.
Those interested in attending next October’s event to experience the new features are encouraged to visit the Talladega Superspeedway’s website.