Transgender chaos playing out as predicted
- Dr. Harry Reeder: The sexual revolution an ‘all-out assault’ on our culture
- British government resignations signal problems
- What Alan Dershowitz’ shunning says about snowflake culture and intolerance for debate
- Why the Supreme Court’s labor union decision is a win for freedom and education
- Parents denied access to public school sex education materials is shocking government overreach
- Leadership crucial in the church, life
- Reflecting on Independence Day and its meaning
- Justice Kennedy’s retirement and what it could mean for the direction of the country
- How the church and strong families can help adolescents deal with depression
- Should sex offenders be able to adopt?
- What the Presbyterian Church (USA)’s General Assembly prayer gets wrong
- Is it just? Farm Bill requires able-bodied on food stamps to work part-time or get job-training
- Is Alabama-founded PCA church encouraging gay people to identify by sin?
- Alabama pastor to the suicidal: ‘Banish the thought of destruction. It’s not the answer’, ‘Many’ of us want to help
- How to think about ‘human rights council’ and elitist concept of abortion as ‘human right’
- Alabama pastor’s analysis of immigrant parent-child border separation controversy
- James Comey echo of J. Edgar Hoover — amassing power, declaring himself moral authority in FBI
- Historic North Korea Summit explainer and backstory
- News Fatigue? How to think about abundance of 24-hr ‘news’
- Where do you turn when your church strays from your faith?
- Unreal — Medical how-to book for counseling ‘religious’ women that abortion is okay
- Remembering RFK
- It’s inexcusable Clinton didn’t personally apologize to Lewinsky
- Planned Parenthood ignores crime in singular pursuit of death culture
- Do we really want a society that says ANY sexual behavior is fine?
- Reflections from Israel — and how it has changed in the past 30 years
- How to think about ‘aging pastors’ and ‘scarcity’ of millennials in ministry
- What does Christian liberty mean?
- Oh boy … Americans don’t think they sin very often
- How ‘church growth at all costs’ mentality weakens worship
- Should Facebook be the ‘new church’ and ultimate hate speech judge?
- How to think about Memorial Day
- When did marriage, parenthood become about self-fulfillment?
- Government branches must hold each other accountable, not circumvent each other
- Why Christians should visit holy lands
- Making sense of Trump’s negotiations
- Why Trump was right to move embassy to Jerusalem
- Stay married through ‘hurricane’ years, struggles — it’s worth it
- Insanity: NYC mayor wants to enable drug use
- Why it’s crucial that parents examine college faculties
- Why Marxism is cool again — with people who don’t know of its horrors
- A pastor’s perspective on Alabama Attorney General’s ‘Faith Forum’ at Briarwood
- Does archaeology prove or disprove the Bible?
- Don’t get hung up on church numbers — focus on church health, not size
- In the U.K., you only have value if you are wanted
- Startling number of Christians are persecuted around the world
- What is North Korea’s motivation?
- PARENTS: Who is teaching your child, the iPad, the teacher you disagree with, or you?
- Alfie Evans and the ever-encroaching overreach of the state, diminishment of parental rights
- Randa Jarrar and free speech
- Proposed California law will lead to persecution of Christians, possible outlawing of Bible sales
- How should Christians think about Trump’s North Korea stance?
- Barbara Bush and the unique legacies First Ladies leave
- Paul Ryan is understandably ‘bone-tired’ — but I do wish he could stay
- Why the Syrian strike was justified
- Christian colleges: Will you fold under cultural pressures or actually BE what you say you are?
- Transgender chaos playing out as predicted
- Does Facebook smoosh conservative posts? YES. But regulation is not the answer
- What Toys ‘R Us, colleges, and social security have in common
- College class gets it terribly wrong. Christians aren’t privileged — Christianity produces privileges for everyone
- Gender chaos leads to societal chaos
- Cultural Marxism: Do you know what it is and how to fight it?
- How parents can combat Planned Parenthood’s shocking deviant sex education
- Sorry and all, but yes there is a Heaven and Hell
- When elected officials campaign on promises they don’t keep
- Does archeology prove the Bible is true?
- Are the millions of lives lost to abortion less important than lives lost to gun violence?
- We must not sacrifice consistent morality for political pragmatism
- Why do Christians call Christ’s death ‘Good Friday’?
- Single parenthood may be a heroic struggle, but it’s not ideal and shouldn’t be promoted
- Freedoms of speech, religion go hand in hand and are being threatened — even in Christian college classes
- States are trying to criminalize the free speech of those seeking to protect unborn life
- Christian movie revenue shocks Hollywood, blows past estimates — here’s why you need to see it
- Care about free speech? Keep your eyes on Supreme Court dealing with California abortion law
- Why pornography is far from ‘victimless’ and how to quit using it
- Cultural Marxists are using schools, courts to target Christianity
- No, Joy Behar, it’s not a ‘mental illness’ when the Lord speaks to us through his Word
- Despite what Washington Post writer says, Down Syndrome children are only undesirable to selfish, arrogant people
- Facebook’s ‘fact checker’ says the killing of unborn babies in abortion is a ‘disputed fact’
- Be sure your (Twitter) sins will find you out
- Reasons for pro-lifers to rejoice — and double-down — on abortion issues
- How to debate with decorum … and why profane, vulgar arguments reveal weak arguments & minds
- WAKE UP: Pornography is not victimless — it destroys lives and kills people
- Persecution, violence against Christians significantly increased world-wide in 2017
- 3 things contributing to the U.S. drop in life expectancy
- Gov’t attempted to silence this Christian who’s bringing Martin Luther King’s fight to modern times
- Iranian Christians fleeing persecution should get U.S. care and refuge
- What we can learn from the Alabama & Georgia quarterbacks’ post-game responses
- What does academic intolerance of real debate mean for free speech?
- Do you know the frivolous programs your tax dollars fund?
- Blaring Bannon coverage begs question: What’s happened to journalism?
- Call to Christians: Engage in politics & evangelism out of love for neighbor
- New York City votes to fine Biblical counselors for gender dysphoria therapy
- 10 campaign promises Donald Trump kept — or attempted to keep — in his first year
- Is it pointless to make New Year’s resolutions?
- The top 11 news, faith and culture headlines of 2017
- American attitudes about children contribute to our shrinking birth rate
- Here’s what Trump got right (and wrong) in his national security speech
- Tax reform explained: How it helps our culture, our families, our economics
- Advent and Christmas, ever wondered what’s the difference?
- Reformed Christians have lost one of their great theologians, pastors
- The 2 ungodly reactions to politics, current events that Christians must avoid
- Want our trust? The 7 things an elected official MUST do to gain it
- Christian voters faced 4 options in Senate race … only 1 is inexcusable, says Evangelical pastor
- Where the death culture leads: Lawsuits over disabled children who ‘should’ have been aborted
- What’s at stake in the Masterpiece Cakeshop Supreme Court decision
- How to put Trump’s U.S. embassy move to Jerusalem in historical and biblical perspective
- Pastor Harry Reeder: There is hope and a way forward for the Matt Lauers in our lives
- Pastor Harry Reeder: If Supreme Court gets Colorado cake baker, same-sex marriage case wrong, it will be culture tipping point
- Pastor Harry Reeder: Liberal ‘Christianity’ is antithetical to Christianity
- Pastor Harry Reeder: Abortion industry ‘doulas’ try to normalize killing of unborn, but we know abortion is not normal
- Pastor Harry Reeder: Trump’s judicial nominee list shows his commitment to originalists and constitutionalists
- Pastor Harry Reeder: Some evangelicals disagree, but here’s why it’s good to emphasize church celebrations during Christmas
- Pastor Harry Reeder: Our military is weakening and here’s why we need it strong
- Pastor Harry Reeder: Why would we be surprised when culture lives out sexual sin it has promoted for years?
- Pastor Harry Reeder: Churches must stay on-mission as evangelists, not cultural acceptance-seekers
- Pastor Harry Reeder: The Museum of the Bible is a great idea…provided we don’t worship the Bible
- Harry Reeder on sexual reckoning: Our conscience tells us ‘something’s wrong here’ even while our culture promotes sin
- Reeder: We have to be honest despite history rewrites– Pilgrims gave thanks to God
- Reeder: It is ‘absolutely ludicrous’ to think a mother’s absence in crucial first 3 years has no effect
- Reeder: Australian same-sex marriage survey a ‘profile in cowardice’ not courage
- Reeder: Believers ‘speaking up’ made real difference in adoption tax credit provision
- Reeder: Secular culture wants more than ‘tolerance’, insists upon abortion and sexual anarchy ‘celebration’
- Reeder on Roy Moore chaos: ‘Do the next right thing’
- Reeder: Here’s what Christians should say when traditional marriage views are labeled ‘bigotry’
- Reeder on church leaders not meeting privately with the other sex: ‘I’ll take the criticism….I learned it from Billy Graham’
- Reeder on LGBTQ campus activists: ‘They don’t want to debate what a marriage actually is. They want to silence those they cannot answer.’
- Yes, it’s ridiculous there’s a new religion dedicated to AI….but here’s why it matters
- Feeling any Christmas guilt? Here’s the type you should ignore and the type you should face
- Reeder on Tuesday’s elections: ‘To see this as a referendum on Trump is overstating it’
- Two terminally-ill patients who refused assisted suicide to help others & show life’s sanctity
- Lots of older pastors, not many young ones — what’s going on?
- Commercial Surrogacy: The objectification of child-bearing
- Elitist ‘gender-isn’t-real’ culture has descended into sophisticated imbecility
- Chaplain who refused marriage retreat to same-sex couple is up against elite culture enforcers
- Sen. Booker’s grilling of Pompeo prime example of ‘religious test’ to exclude evangelical Christians from office
- GENDER ABSURDITY: A nation, led by pop culture, descends into chaos
- How culture rot happens: Unthinkable –> Laughable –> Thinkable –> Accepted
- How Christians should submit to the government’s law
- How to avoid going ‘wobbly’ on the truth
Listen to the 10 min audio
Read the transcript:
A YEAR LATER: HOW HAVE TRANSGENDER “ACCOMMODATIONS” PLAYED OUT?
TOM LAMPRECHT: Harry, it was about a year ago that we talked about the Target retail stores and how they had made a decision to allow transgenders to use the bathrooms of their choice. There was a public outcry, however, Target decided that was the right thing to do.
Recently, in Chicago, a self-identified transgender male entered a ladies’ room. There was a little girl in the store and, unfortunately, what we warned might happen did, in fact, happen. Now, I’m happy to say the girl was not physically harmed but, unfortunately, she found herself in a predicament that will probably leave a scar on her for the rest of her life.
DR. REEDER: The point in the discussion previously, Tom, that we had was not that every person dealing with gender confusion would have such motivations and desires, but our point was the policy is exactly what opens the door for that and loses modesty, security, and privacy. Actually, this is the second time this has happened in a Target store since that policy has been enacted.
Interestingly, these regulations are not coming from the federal government under the Trump administration, but they are coming on state-levels and local levels. In fact, in Anchorage, there was an attempt to restore privacy, and security, and safety and modesty to public facilities.
STATES ARE NOW HAVING TO PROPOSE LAWS
TOM LAMPRECHT: Indeed. Nearly 53 percent of the voters in Anchorage cast their ballots against Proposition 1, which was proposed by a non-profit Christian policy group, Alaska Family Action, that would have meant biological males use the men’s room and biological females use the ladies’ room. That failed.
DR. REEDER: That’s not a Target or a private company that has embraced the policy, but that was a public vote on the issue. And it was narrow, but they turned it down so now whatever happens in those public facilities in Anchorage, Alaska, the voting population of Alaska has to bear responsibility for it.
However, Tom, it’s not just simply a matter of security, as important as that is. It’s also a matter of clarity. It’s a matter of chaos that is being introduced. It’s a matter of loopholes. We are constantly filtering stories that are coming to us of males who say, “I identify as a female,” and go out and win what historically would have been a female track event. We even have this whole issue that was recently publicized of the Iranian soccer team.
IRANIAN WOMEN’S SOCCER TEAM HAS 8 TRANSGENDER MEN ON IT
TOM LAMPRECHT: The Daily Wire reported the Iranian women’s soccer team has found a loophole and, instead of comprising a team of actual women, they have added eight full-grown men who claim they are transgender and awaiting sex changes.
DR. REEDER: Interestingly, the country with the largest number of existing are those waiting in line for sex change operations is Iran. In a Muslim country, if you are a homosexual, there is a public penalty of death. Those executions are carried out in various Muslim countries under Shariah Law.
Interestingly, Iran does allow sex change operations so what many of them are doing is not actually getting the sex change operation but declaring their desire for the sex change operation and declaring that what they actually are is transgender.
By doing that, they escape the specter of the death penalty, but most of them are not carrying it out. Yet, a number of them are “athletes” or a number of them claim a transgender identity in order to compete in the arena of female athletics as males and just intentionally are making these claims which, of course, again, that’s something that in previous programs we said would happen.
ANOTHER DESTRUCTIVE CONSEQUENCE OF GENDER THEORY
Therefore, just as there is the consequence of the loss of privacy, modesty, security and safety in bathrooms, in the transgender ideology of the sovereign self — “I can be what I want to be and whatever I want to be is what I actually am. Not what I am is what I am, but what I declare myself to be, the self-identity of my gender” — the fact is that positions them with certain physical advantages in the field of competition and sports.
Now you’ve got an Iranian women’s soccer team that now has a majority of men who are actually playing as women because they self-identify as women. Some of them are on a list for a sex-change operation that, in reality, they’re not going to get.
Thus, you see the chaos and the confusion. Now, my prediction is, to deal with that, you’ll ultimately just have to remove any male and female distinctions in the arena of sports and you just have a team and everybody has to compete.
Therefore, Title IX, you can forget that because now women will be back into the situation where they cannot have protection to have equal resources for female competition that males have because any male can identify as a female and, even if it’s just three or four or five or whatever, you have, by chaos, transformed the landscape of competition.
And, thus, again, you have relegated women who identify as women and they are women into a position where they will not be able to compete on a level playing field because now men have access to their playing field, whatever the sport might be, if they simply identify as a woman.
IRONY: WHAT WAS ONCE RIDICULOUS IS NOW REALITY
TOM LAMPRECHT: Harry, how times have changed in just a generation. It was in 1959 that the movie “Some Like It Hot” came out with Marilyn Monroe, Tony Curtis and Jack Lemon in which Tony Curtis and Jack Lemon dressed up as women to be a part of an all-women’s orchestra. It was a comedy that everyone thought was just hilarious and ridiculous.
DR. REEDER: And comedy, instead of a parody, becomes a prognosticator of future life. Sin, ultimately, is idolatry and that is the exaltation of the sovereign self instead of surrender to the sovereign God. There is a God who made us and this God made us for His glory and our joy is in living as he has made us.
Now, you can’t do that without coming to Christ, who will liberate us from a sin nature that declares the sovereignty of myself over the sovereignty of God. Now men and women sovereignly say to a sovereign God, “You made us like this, but we declare that we are this and so we will live as we sovereignly declare ourselves to live. And there is no such thing as objective truth to tell me I’m wrong — I can do what is right in my own eyes.”
SIN IS NOT NEW AND IT NEVER MAKES SENSE
None of this is new. It traces all the way back to the Garden. It traces all the way back to the Judges where, repeatedly, it says that they did what was right in their own eyes. It also traces back to the fact that sin produces death — the death of sports organizations, the death of competition, physical death, spiritual death. Sin always brings death and sin always brings confusion.
The reality is you can’t be on the field of life to play in the field of life if you take away the boundaries that God has established. Imagine going to play a football game in which there are no sidelines. What we’re telling God is, “Your boundary lines are not ours. We will worship and serve the creature and we will declare as null and void all of your distinctions that you have established. We will declare ourselves sovereign over those.”
The result: death and confusion. When a husband or a wife walks out of a marriage and the one who is the victim, having experienced the brokenness that comes when someone walks away from the marriage, looks at me and says, “Pastor, can you help me understand why they did what they did?” and my answer is always, “I can tell you what they are saying and I can tell you what influenced them, but I can’t help you understand because sin never is understandable. It never makes sense and it’s always destructive and it is always chaotic.”
SENSIBLE POLICY IS GOOD, BUT NOT THE GOOD NEWS
And what we are doing, telling God, “We will not be what you made us to be,” doesn’t make sense. It not only brings death and life, it also brings the death of hopes and dreams and it brings the death of order within life and now has introduced chaos and meaninglessness within a society as it descends into a neopaganism where humanity worships and serves itself.
However, there is an antidote to this and the antidote is not simply sensible public policy based upon creation law. It is also the glorious surrender to a proclamation of Good News that Jesus Christ can liberate us from our sins, not only the shame of them and not only the guilt of them, but the power of them so that, with great joy, we can be who he made us to be for His Glory. And, in that, comes an escalating joy that is glorious and I pray that, again, that would abound within our society.
Dr. Harry L. Reeder III is the Senior Pastor of Briarwood Presbyterian Church in Birmingham.
This podcast was transcribed by Jessica Havin, editorial assistant for Yellowhammer News, who has transcribed some of the top podcasts in the country and whose work has been featured in a New York Times Bestseller.