Huntsville-based mortgage company HomeTown Lenders (HTL) on Wednesday announced that it had agreed to sponsor rising golf sensation Jovan Rebula.
Rebula, the nephew of World Golf Hall of Famer Ernie Els, recently graduated from Auburn University where he was an All-American collegiate golfer. In 2018, he claimed The Amateur Championship, the second South African native to win the prestigious golf event.
The Birmingham resident now holds the sponsorship of HTL as he launches his journey as a professional golfer.
HTL founder and CEO Billy Taylor touted his company’s sponsorship of the rising golf talent.
“We are proud to sponsor Jovan, who has made a hometown of his own in our home state,” proclaimed Taylor. “He is one of the top up-and-coming golfers in the world, and we’re proud to make him an honorary member of the HTL family. Hometown Lenders looks forward to many years of success through this partnership.”
Rebula’s career highlights include the following:
- Arnold Palmer Cup International Team
- First Team All-SEC
- Georgia Cup Champion
- Global Golf Post All-Amateur Team
- Jack Nicklaus National Player of the Year Award Semifinalist
- Kiawah Classic Medalist
- PING All-American Honorable Mention
- PING All-American Third Team
- PING All-Southeast Region
- SEC Championship Medalist
- SEC Freshman of the Week
- SEC Golfer of the Week
- Second Team All-SEC
- SGA Amateur of the Month
- World Amateur Team Championship
- Career Low 18: 64 – Kiawah Classic first round
- Career Low 36: 130 – Kiawah Classic first and second rounds
- Career Low 54: 202 (2x) – SEC Championship
Dylan Smith is a staff writer for Yellowhammer News. You can follow him on Twitter @DylanSmithAL