7. Jimmy Buffett Bayway? Sure, why not.
6. International investment is juicing Alabama’s growth.
5. Attorney General Steve Marshall is now letting governors from other states know that their input is not needed in Alabama. Marshall told California Gov. Gavin Newsom, “We aren’t asking for your permission, @GavinNewsom. Alabama will not permit abortionists to defy our laws and enrich themselves by marketing hopelessness to women.”
4. A new hook to legalizing gambling has emerged, legalize it or organized crime will rule the day, Speaker Nathaniel Ledbetter (R-Rainsville). Other states have legalized gambling and this stuff still continues.
2. While Gov. Kay Ivey has made it clear that she sees some future for “school choice” in Alabama, the anti-school choice activists are gearing up. Retirement Systems of Alabama head David Bronner, Democrat activists, the Alabama Democratic Party, and the Alabama Education Association have spoken out against school choice.
1. A shooting in which 5 people were shot and two are killed in Birmingham was followed by a shooting at the hospital targeting an SUV while the two who would eventually die were inside. These deaths are Jefferson County’s 127th total deaths this year and Birmingham’s 91st in that city alone.