7. What is a woman? Democrats are confused by International Women’s Day, some celebrated non-binary people and Jill Biden gave the International Women Of Courage Award to a man.
6. Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis prepared for his trip to Alabama by calling out all the people lying about his educational plan. He exposed the lie about book bans by shaming the media and their Democrats by showing the actual smut that was in Florida schools.
5. More than 5,900 schools representing 3,268,752 students across America have policies in place “that blocks parents from knowing whether their child identifies as a different gender in the classroom.” By law, zero Alabama schools made the list, put together by Parents Defending Education, but there have been cases where teachers admitted to keeping this information from parents.
4. Alabama’s star basketball player Brandon Miller’s first comments since his involvement in the death of a young mother were revealed in a court hearing when he told reporters, “I never lose sight of the fact that a family has lost one of their loved ones that night.”
3. Mo’ money, mo’ problems for the Alabama Legislature’s special session, which began yesterday, and will see the members debate a plan that currently allocates $339 million for healthcare costs, $400 million for sewer/water issues, $260 million for more broadband, $60 million to repay a decades-old loan, $55 million for projects that address economic impacts of the pandemic.
2. Lt. Gov. Will Ainsworth comes out in favor of structural tax reform, saying, “I think we’ve got to do tax cuts instead of a one-time rebate.” This is the second time he has recently broken ranks with Gov. Kay Ivey on a major issue. This debate will rage after the special session is over.
1. Former U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Director Dr. Robert Redfield shocked no one when he said, “There’s no doubt that [National Institute of Health] funded gain-of-function research,” during a congressional hearing where Dr. Anthony Fauci was outed as a liar. Redfield added when asked if taxpayers funded the research, “Not only from NIH but from the State Department, USAID, and from (Department of Defense).”
Dale Jackson is a contributing writer to Yellowhammer News and hosts a talk show from 5-9 a.m. weekdays on WVNN and on Talk 99.5 from 10 a.m. to noon.
Don’t miss out! Subscribe today to have Alabama’s leading headlines delivered to your inbox.