7. Flu continuing to spread in Alabama
- The flu is spreading in Alabama worse than almost anywhere else. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is saying that flu data now has Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia showing “very high” levels of flu-like illnesses.
- The common symptoms of the flu include fever with a cough and sore throat, as well. For comparison, last year, Alabama had a very low level of flu-like activity.
6. “You can’t give up,” say Alabama Democrats who have clearly given up
- Democrats put up a minimal effort in Alabama during the 2022 midterm elections, many would and have said they basically have given up from both the state and federal level.
- But not everyone has given up, even though the results in the 30s show that voters basically have given up on them. Alabama Democratic Party Chairman Randy Kelley said, “we’ve got to debrief, regroup and call our troops together. So, we’ll strategize and go on from here.” Let me help: Don’t abandon your unknown gubernatorial candidate and do start running attention-grabbing sacrificial lambs as candidates at the top of the ticket.
5. Voter suppression was a lie, Alabama already knew this
- After years of media lies and politicians’ grandstanding about voter suppression and our precious precarious democracy, it turns out that all of their fears were unfounded. Turnout was up, even in Georgia
- Alabama already knew this and there were no issues. Secretary of State John Merrill has loudly proclaimed Alabama makes it “easy to vote and hard to cheat” for years and no one has ever proved otherwise.
4. Mo Brooks continues to tell the truth
- It comes as no surprise that as people abandon former President Donald Trump in droves, outgoing AL-5 U.S. Rep. Mo Brooks (R-Huntsville) points out what everyone else is starting to learn, “Donald Trump has proven himself to be dishonest, disloyal, incompetent, crude and a lot of other things that alienate so many independents and Republicans. Even a candidate who campaigns from his basement can beat him.”
- Brooks continues to remind voters he did not fight for Trump after 2020, “I fought for election integrity. Donald Trump just happened to be the beneficiary of it.”
3. DeSantis rails Trump in a national poll of Republicans
- A shocking poll of Republicans finds that they are incredibly unhappy with the results of the 2022 midterms and half of them expected the party to win more seats than it did. It is unclear why that many Republicans expected to do this poorly or worse.
- More interestingly, Republicans now prefer Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis over former President Donald Trump in a poll conducted shortly after the 2022 midterms. 42% prefer DeSantis, 35% want Trump and 10% want someone else. This is quite the reversal from a poll last month where Trump led DeSantis 45-35%.
2. House votes continue to be counted
- Election month continues, and there are still outstanding elections in Washington, Oregon, Arizona, California, Alaska, Maine and Nevada and it leaves the U.S. House in the balance.
- This is expected to take weeks to determine the outcomes. The media and their Democrats will insist that anyone who questions this is an “election denier.” This is completely unsustainable.
1. Democrats’ election month works out for them, they look forward to Georgia
- Barring something incredible in Nevada or Arizona, Democrats will now at minimum continue to control the U.S. Senate after Nevada went from Republican Adam Laxalt to incumbent U.S. Sen. Catherine Cortez Masto (D-Nev.) after days of counting.
- Now it all moves to Georgia where U.S. Sen. Raphael Warnock (D-Ga.) and Republican Herschel Walker will battle in another runoff election with either a split Senate or Democrat control on the line.