7. ALGOP Chairman John Wahl thinks personal attacks in the Legislature are uncalled for, calling the embarrassing statement by State Rep. Juandalynn Givan (D-Birmingham), “premeditated.” Weirdly, the No. 2 Alabama Democrat jumped in after Wahl said personal attacks are bad, with a personal attack.
6. Miller Lite tastes a lot like Bud Light today after they decided to release a video suggesting their previous advertising was “s***” and featuring a female comedian rambling about women being some of the first people who brewed beer, the others being men. Levi’s and Target want in, too.
5. Joran van der Sloot may not be headed to Alabama anytime soon to face the music for defrauding his alleged murder victim’s mother of $25,000. He has a public defender appointed for him and the process could be further delayed with legal wrangling both in Peru and the U.S.
4. Inmate gets to die in a new way – this is all an attempt to delay his execution further but … best of luck to him. He was hired by a pastor to kill his wife in 1988 and has been on death row for decades.
3. Alabama’s politicians are not happy about the state of the border, with Lt. Gov. Will Ainsworth saying, “Joe Biden’s open door border policies are destroying our country,” and Gov. Kay Ivey adding that she is, gravely concerned as the Biden Administration ends Title 42 which has successfully halted millions of illegal crossings.”
2. Space Command was to come to Huntsville, Ala., and now President Joe Biden is being worked by Colorado, the media, and their Democrats to reverse the decision. NBC News is reporting that he may be ready to do it. Alabama leaders are not happy.
1. The long-awaited report from special counsel John Durham finally shows that the entire premise behind the Trump-Russia collusion narrative was fabricated by Hillary Clinton’s 2016 campaign and the FBI knew it. This disaster was THE real attack on democracy, and it played a role in the 2016, 2018, 2020, and 2022 elections. There will be no charges brought against anyone who perpetrated this fraud inside the Deep State or not. The media continues to downplay the knowingly false accusations they dined off of for years.
Dale Jackson is a contributing writer to Yellowhammer News and hosts a talk show from 5-9 a.m. weekdays on WVNN and on Talk 99.5 from 10 a.m. to noon.
Don’t miss out! Subscribe today to have Alabama’s leading headlines delivered to your inbox.