7. Those free crack pipes are apparently just a conspiracy theory
- President Joe Biden and his administration have been accused of using taxpayer money to fund and distribute safe-smoking kits, and there have been accusations that these kits include free crack pipes to recipients. White House press secretary Jen Psaki recently brushed off this concern.
- Psaki said, “No federal funding has gone to it. This policy does not allow for free crack pipes to be included.” She went on to say, “I would just note that this is a bit of a conspiracy theory that has been spread out there. It’s not accurate. There’s important drug treatment programs for people who have been suffering from what we’ve seen as an epidemic across the country. And money is not used for crack pipes.” This, of course, is a lie.
6. Formula shortage for you, formula available for illegals
- The lack of baby formula on store shelves is becoming a bigger and bigger issue for American politicians. The Biden administration has been looking at addressing the issue and has held talks with major retailers but has yet to actually address the issue.
- While this has infuriated parents, the fact that photos have emerged of stacks of formula supplied at the southern border of the United States has a member of Congress fuming. U.S. Rep. Kat Cammack (R-Fla.) posted on Facebook, “They are sending pallets, pallets of baby formula to the border. Meanwhile, in our own district at home, we cannot find baby formula.”
5. Majority of Americans oppose transgender health care for youth
- A new survey suggests that a majority of people in the United States support the idea of banning doctors from prescribing certain hormone treatments, puberty blockers and physical surgeries for transgender minors. The poll was conducted by the American Principles Project Foundation.
- The poll showed that a ban is supported by 56% of people, while only 34% are against a ban. There were also 63% of respondents that said minors were not old enough to make these types of medical decisions, but 22% said that denying minors the ability to transition is transphobic.
4. Brooks subpoenaed by the January 6 committee
- The U.S. House committee investigating the January 6 U.S. Capitol riot previously asked for U.S. Representative Mo Brooks (R-Huntsville) to testify and aid their investigation, but he denied their request unless they meet his demands. Brooks is involved in a U.S. Senate primary that is less than two weeks away. The congressman suggested a new demand by the committee is being done in an effort to impact the race.
- However, the committee now plans to subpoena Brooks and several other congressmen. Brooks responded to the report and confirmed that he hasn’t actually been served yet, saying, “Eighteen months have passed since the 2020 election without the partisan Witch Hunt Committee bothering to seek testimony from me.”
3. Mike Durant would have voted but he was too busy
- One of the many attacks against former frontrunner in the U.S. Senate race Mike Durant was that he never voted in primaries, which is backed up by voting records. He claims this is because of his obligations to his family and his business.
- In remarks to Republican Women of North Shelby County, Durant explained, “It’s a very difficult thing, and as a business owner raising a family, I didn’t feel like I had the time to truly understand who the candidates were in the primary. What I cared about is the Republicans won in the general [election]. That’s what I cared about. I’m not going to cast a blind vote for people I can’t fully vet. I just didn’t have time to do it. That’s just the reality. I was focused on growing a business from zero to 700 people in 14 years. If you’ve ever done that — there’s probably very few of you in this room that can say you have.”
2. Durant’s sister has spoken out on abuse and Durant’s denial
- U.S. Senate candidate Mike Durant and his sister, Mary Ryan, previously made headlines when reports and details of their father’s sexual abuse of Durant’s sister resurfaced, and now Ryan has spoken out about what she calls Durant’s “denial” concerning the abuse. In the past, Durant had confronted his father about the abuse, and his father confessed to the acts.
- Ryan spoke to the Alabama Political Reporter and said that Durant has been “painting me in a completely untrue light.” She added, “If he’s going to throw me under the bus to get votes, that’s not OK and I need to tell the truth about what’s actually going on.” Previously, Durant defended his father as “not the monster Mary is trying to paint him to be.” From reports, Ryan said that she was sexually abused from childhood until her teenage years. In light of Durant’s defense of their father, Ryan said that he’s “delusional,” adding, “When people are so ashamed and in such deep denial, they will create a whole false reality in their heads about a convenient story of ‘this is my life.’ That’s what Mike did. When he’s talked about our father as though he’s some good guy, that’s what he’s doing.”
1. Mike Durant really doesn’t want anyone thinking he’s associated with the Lincoln Project
- After saying he had no idea who the Lincoln Project was, U.S. Senate candidate Mike Durant has had the Lincoln Project inserted into his campaign even further. While Durant has denied these claims of association with the anti-Donald Trump organization, he’s gone one step further by sharing a postcard, allegedly written by Lincoln Project co-founder Rick Wilson, criticizing him. However, Wilson recently commented on the postcard, casting doubt on its authenticity.
- Part of the postcard reads, “Do you honestly believe aligning yourself with Trump is really such a hot idea? You are making a deal with the devil and are disgracing yourself in the process.” Durant posted a picture of the card, saying, “Rick Wilson sent this cowardly postcard from Mexico. We should finish the wall and once we do, he and the Lincoln project should stay there.” Despite these strong words from Durant, Wilson has responded by saying he didn’t send the card and it wasn’t his handwriting, and added, “If you were smart, you’d have asked me if this was real…but it’s rather evident your advisors at Jamestown Associates (Jason Miller’s old firm) aren’t that sharp. But you know, I’m a generous and helpful guy behind my cruel and cutting exterior. So, [Mike Durant], because of your play, I am officially giving you My Total And Complete Endorsement. Now watch what the other campaigns do with that. Good luck!”