7. It is not just the southern border seeing close to 7 million illegal immigrants cross the border, clogging up schools, shelters, and even airports. The northern border is porous as well with more crossings in 2023 than the last 10 years combined.
6. Mason Wayne Sisk, a family murdering 14-year-old psychopath, was sentenced to life in prison for the murder of his stepmother, Mary Sisk, 35, father, John Wayne Sisk, 38, half-brother Grayson, 6, half-sister Aurora, 4, and half-brother Colson, 6 months.
5. Tragedy in Orange Beach as a Cullman County sheriff’s deputy killed his co-worker-girlfriend after an argument and then killed himself. Cullman County Sheriff Matt Gentry said, “There are not enough words to express what she and her family mean to me. I am literally heartbroken. I feel like Lexi is one of my own kids.”
4. Clean Up Alabama was founded in August and is pushing for librarians to no longer be exempt from the Alabama Anti-Obscenity Enforcement Act. This is leading simpletons to suggest librarians could end up being jailed now, which is a bit of a telling accidental admission.
3. U.S. Rep. Barry Moore (R-Enterprise) is criticizing President Joe Biden and Department of Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas for refusing to address the issues plaguing the southern border and for misleading Congress on how the government is handling the issue. Moore references how Mayorkas says that migrants who are a threat to national security are prioritized for removal but ignores that 120 illegals were smuggled into the country by someone with ISIS ties, claimed asylum, and then were all released.
2. U.S. Sen. Tommy Tuberville (R-Auburn) continues to be under constant attack by the media, the White House, and the U.S. military but he says this pressure is doing nothing to sway him and his constituents continue to support him. U.S. Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) says that Democrats must “turn up the heat” on Tuberville but Alabama’s senior senator, like Warren, has no reservations about what he is doing and doesn’t feel any pressure.
1. U.S. Sen. Katie Britt is co-sponsoring a bill that would place a ban on mask mandates from the federal government and rightly notes that these mandates harmed children: “Just look at the consequences our children faced, from devastating learning loss that put students years behind to deteriorating mental health in kids and teenagers. Enough is enough.”