7. Alabama’s football leaders issue touching statements on Mike Leach’s death
- The college football world and the Southeastern Conference were rocked by the death of Mississippi State head football coach Mike Leach at age 61. Alabama’s Nick Saban offered condolences and praise, “I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know Mike over the last several years. I never knew quite where our conversations were going, but they always made me smile. He was an offensive innovator who always did things his way and was admired for it.”
- Auburn Athletic Director Jay Cohen called Leach an “intellectual giant” and said, ” A great man who impacted so many lives, including my own. Sharon, the entire Leach family, and MSU are in our hearts and prayers. Rest In Peace Mike. You made the world a better place.” Head coach Hugh Freeze called him, “not only an outstanding coach, but one of the true personalities of our game.”
6. Brooks seen as “ringleader” for challenging 2020 election, media can’t grasp it
- Jan. 6 conversations can never end, a leak from the Jan. 6 committee to a liberal blog has “exposed” the texts turned over to the committee by President Donald Trump’s Chief of Staff Mark Meadows. In those texts, a Trump campaign advisor referred to U.S. Rep. Mo Brooks (R-Huntsville) as the “ringleader of the Jan. 6 deal,” this is in reference to the challenge to certification of the election process that is allowed by the U.S. Constitution.
- The implication continues to be that if you opposed the certification of the 2020 election, you were supporting the end of democracy and wanted the U.S. Capitol attacked. There is no evidence of this mindset by President Donald Trump, Mo Brooks or any other person; but the media is implying there was a seditious conspirator engaged in insurrection from inside the U.S. Capitol or the White House. This is all innuendo for idiots by idiots.
5. Drag Queen Story Hour teacher is conveniently retiring
- After it was discovered that the drag queen teacher who admits to “covertly” and “strategically” placing LGBTQ materials in his classroom against the wishes of “dumbasses” and “parents,” it has now been learned that James Miller or “Madge T. Devine” is being allowed to retire.
- Huntsville City Schools, as usual, had no comment on the matter and did not supply an answer as to why they did not find this information in their earlier investigation, nor did they say whether or not his off-campus behavior (or now discovered on-campus behavior) led to this decision.
4. Drag show planned to celebrate rights already in place
- Interracial marriage and gay marriage are now still legal after President Joe Biden signed a bill some media outlets and activists have declared is “historic” but in reality changes nothing.
- To celebrate, President Biden did what most older Americans do when pretending to understand things that scare them, he stereotyped those who “benefit” by blaring Lady Gaga music and hosting drag queens on the White House lawn. Luckily, for everyone, Biden did not attempt to plan a meal around interracial marriage.
3. Birmingham police chief slams parents who bring children to street races
- 16 people were injured over the weekend at an exhibition racing event in Birmingham, two of those remain in critical condition and, luckily, there were no fatalities. Inexplicably, a 5-year-old was among those injured and no charges have been announced.
- Birmingham Police Chief Scott Thurmond was angry about the 5-year-old being on the scene, saying, “Why would you bring your 5-year-old child to a street race or exhibition driving would be the question I would ask. Why would you do that? That makes no sense whatsoever. That’s foolish.”
2. Immigration is exploding and will get worse
- With Title 42 getting ready to end, not that it has worked since the Biden administration has been in charge, a surge of immigration is building across the southern border. We are still seeing record numbers of border crossers and will soon be seeing the rate of border crossings continue to rise as long as the Biden administration advocates for the end of Title 42 and open borders.
- To highlight how bad this is, bipartisan legislators want Title 42 extended, even California governor and potential 2024 Democrat presidential nominee Gavin Newsom is calling for Democrats to get in the game. While at the border Gov. Newsom said, “The fact is, what we’ve got right now is not working, and it’s about to break in a post-42 world unless we take some responsibility and ownership.”
1. Threats across Alabama spark fear
- Shooting threats drew a police response to multiple schools in Alabama yesterday. All over the state, calls were made claiming active shooter events were underway. These had a more dangerous theme than simple threats, they resemble a “swatting” call. Swatting is done by alerting to the police to an active crime scene in order to get more police on the scene with weapons drawn, this has led to injuries and deaths.
- In Lauderdale County, officers were alerted to someone being shot in a geography class at Wilson High School. The school resource officer was in the room within 20 seconds and backup arrived within three minutes of the false call.
Don’t miss out! Subscribe today to have Alabama’s leading headlines delivered to your inbox.