7. Former U.S. Representative Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) has a new book out and it appears to be about trying to settle scores and embarrass herself. CNN is all over this, including how Cheney was very disappointed in Speaker Kevin McCarthy and all the Republicans she now hates.
6. Library battles continue around the state of Alabama as the majority of the Autauga-Prattville Library board resigned after a candidate they believe will challenge books may find inappropriate. Sounds like a win-win for normal people, a new member joins who is expected to challenge books that parents find troubling and those interested in making smut available to kids.
5. Birmingham-Southern College gets $5 million dollars from the city of Birmingham to help it remain open. The loan terms are for two separate $2.5 million loans, repayable over 20 years with campus property as collateral, next up is begging the Jefferson County Commission.
4. The federal government wants to ban parents who will not affirm the LGBTQ orientation and identities of children from having foster children, thus denying the children a placement in a home. Alabama Attorney General Steve Marshall is leading the fight against this policy noting how involved in the foster program people of faith are.
2. U.S. Senator Tommy Tuberville (R-Auburn) is warning that America’s borders are making the country a far more dangerous place. Speaking to Eric Bolling, Tuberville said the military is weaker than it has been in decades, recruiting backs that up, and that the nation is at risk of a “9/11 attack every few weeks if we don’t watch it” and demanded we send troops to the border.
1. Deranged Alabama Democrats have decided that when U.S. Senator Tommy Tuberville speaks of “wokeness” in the U.S. military, he really means that there are too many “black, brown, red, yellow, and female leaders” and then claimed Sen. Tuberville prefers the military look more like “Nazi Germany’s Third Reich.” At least the Anti-Defamation League has finally called Alabama Democrats out.