Regions Bank offering disaster recovery assistance to Alabama customers impacted by Sally
Regions Bank on Thursday evening announced a series of generous financial services that are available to help people and businesses in portions of Alabama, Florida and Mississippi that were negatively affected by Hurricane Sally this week.
According to the Birmingham-based company, options include payment extensions, the waiving of certain fees and interest rate discounts, along with additional offers.
“Regions Bank has been part of the Gulf Coast and our inland communities for many years, and we will be here in the days, weeks and months to come as storm recovery moves forward,” stated John Turner, president and CEO of Regions Financial Corp.
“These financial services are designed to make the recovery easier, and we encourage all customers impacted by Sally to contact us and discuss your individual needs,” he continued.
Disaster recovery financial services available for a limited time will include the following:
- No check-cashing fee for FEMA-issued checks cashed at Regions branches in impacted areas
- Regions Mortgage Disaster Relief Purchase and Renovation loan programs
- Personal and business loan payment assistance
- Regions fees will be waived when the bank’s customers use other banks’ ATMs in the impacted areas for 30 days beginning Friday, Sept. 18
- One penalty-free CD withdrawal
- An interest rate discount of 0.50% on new personal unsecured loans
- Business loan payment deferrals available up to 90 days beginning Friday, Sept. 18
- Payment extensions available for qualified credit card holders
- An interest rate discount of 0.50% on standard rates for new business loans and/or lines of credit up to $1 million to help with recovery needs in affected areas
- An interest rate discount of 0.50% on a new unsecured business term loan of up to $50,000 with a term of up to 36 months, including waived origination or loan document fees and options for the first payment to be deferred up to 90 days
People and businesses in need of assistance are encouraged to contact Regions to discuss individual needs and sign up for applicable services.
More information from Regions can be accessed here.
Additionally, for questions regarding a mortgage, customers can call Regions at 1-800-986-2462. For assistance regarding home equity and other consumer loans, dial 1-866-298-1113. The general number of 1-800-411-9393 is available for help with other questions and general banking needs.
Sean Ross is the editor of Yellowhammer News. You can follow him on Twitter @sean_yhn