Gov. Kay Ivey officially launched her Inaugural Committee on Monday and named five individuals who will serve as its honorary co-chairs. They are among the most prominent and influential private sector leaders in the Yellowhammer State.
2023 Inaugural Committee co-chairs are:
- Mark Crosswhite: president, chairman and CEO of Alabama Power
- Jimmy Parnell: president, chairman and CEO of the Alabama Farmers Federation
- Tim Vines: president and CEO of Blue Cross Blue Shield Alabama
- Cathy Randall: chairman of the board of Pettus Randall Holdings
- Jimmy Rane: president and CEO of Great Southern Wood Preserving
Ivey expressed her gratitude to the committee co-chairs and proclaimed that the inauguration will mark “a new beginning for state government.”
“I would like to thank the honorary co-chairs for their willingness to step up and provide leadership for the state in their role for the inaugural committee,” said Ivey in a release. “Inauguration day is a new beginning for state government, and I look forward to working with this team as we begin another four-year term and ensure that the best is yet to come for the great state of Alabama.”
Beginning Jan. 15, the governor’s inaugural festivities will take place in Montgomery over two days. Information on the events can be found here.
Ivey, Alabama’s 54th chief executive, received a historic 67% of the vote during the Nov. 8 general election.
Dylan Smith is the editor of Yellowhammer News. You can follow him on Twitter @DylanSmithAL