If you missed this opportunity in the fall, don’t hesitate for the spring.
It’s a Buy One, Get One free scholarship to Gadsden State Community College.
The school is extending its Buy One Get One Free Scholarship program to the spring semester for members of the Chambers of Commerce in Calhoun, Cherokee and Etowah counties.
“The partnership with the chambers of commerce has been a great opportunity for members to continue their education or return to college for a new credential,” said Kelley Pearce, interim dean of Student Services. “We are excited to offer this benefit to Chamber members for a second semester.”
In July, signing events were held with the area Chambers to solidify the partnership that provides a free course for each paid course at Gadsden State during the Spring Semester.
The program is open to Chamber members and their employees for the Spring Semester, which starts Jan. 8. Registration is open now.
“This scholarship program is unique,” said Dr. Kathy Murphy, president of Gadsden State. “This is a big commitment the college is making to our community. We are meeting Chamber members halfway by providing 50 percent of the tuition costs, and we are honored to do so.
“We feel like this is a great way for Gadsden State to step up and be a partner with our chambers of commerce.”
- Must be a full- or part-time employee of The Chamber of Gadsden and Etowah County, the Cherokee County Chamber of Commerce or the Calhoun County Chamber of Commerce or an employee of a chamber member
- Covers Spring Semester 2024 with the option to continue the program through the Spring Semester 2024 if deemed successful by the College or partner chambers
- Can be used for programs resulting in a certificate or an associate degree
- Must be in good academic standing with any previously-attended college
- Must maintain at least a 2.5 GPA to remain eligible for scholarship
STEPS TO APPLY
- Request a letter from their employer on company letterhead. Students who received BOGO funding for the Fall 2023 Semester are not required to resubmit a letter for the Spring Semester. The letter must be submitted by first-time BOGO requestors, and it must contain:
- Re: GSCC / Chamber Scholarship
- Employee’s Name
- Gadsden State Student ID Number (if known)
- Company Name
- Verification of Current Employment
- Apply for admission to Gadsden State (if not already a student)
- Register for classes for the upcoming semester
- A form that can be obtained on OneACCS from the Gadsden State website must be submitted. A link is also provided on www.gadsdenstate.edu/BOGO. The form requires an attached letter from the employer and a class schedule. Students must be registered for classes before submitting the form so that BOGO funds may be applied appropriately.
- BOGO Scholarship cannot be combined with any other institutional aid, tuition discounts or specialized package pricing due to other MOUs.
- Books, fees and other costs associated with the free course are the responsibility of the employee.
- The scholarship is not retroactive.
- Gadsden State and each Chamber partner will monitor the performance of the BOGO Scholarship Program and revise as necessary.
- Representatives from the College and each Chamber will meet at least, but not limited to, once per semester. These meetings will serve to discuss and agree upon any proposed changes, problems or items that need to be updated or corrected.
- Each involved party reserves the right to terminate the program upon reasonable notice.
- The public will be notified of any changes to the BOGO Scholarship Program
Visit GadsdenState.edu/BOGO for detailed information. Questions about the BOGO Scholarship? Email [email protected].