Bubba Bussey Endorses Luther Strange for U.S. Senate

Bill “Bubba” Bussey of the Rick & Bubba Show endorsed Luther Strange this morning on Twitter, stating:

­­­“There are several quality candidates, but I’m supporting my long-time friend Luther Strange.”

Bubba took the time to speak with Yellowhammer this morning to explain the reasons for his endorsement.

“As I said on Twitter, first and foremost, Luther’s a long-time friend,” Bubba said. “But here’s what I want folks to understand: a lot of people have asked for my opinion on this Senate race, so I’m simply stating my support of the man personally I think will most effectively serve the people of Alabama. I don’t tell people how to vote, and I respect everyone’s opinion to make their mind.”

“With that said, there are several quality candidates, but I’ve known Luther personally, and right now I believe he’s the best candidate to help move the Trump agenda forward, just as Donald Trump himself has stated. If we’re supporting the Trump agenda, we need to give the President who he wants to fill that Senate seat.”

When I asked Bussey for some examples of things Strange has done for Alabama he said,

“Two that immediately come to mind: Luther fought BP and won a huge settlement for our state, and he took on the EPA and the Obama administration and kept them from instituting all of their overreaching, job-killing mandates.”

Bussey went on to say that there are two pink elephants in the room concerning Luther Strange.

“The first is the so-called cloud around the Bentley appointment,” he explained. “I understand that it’s easy to draw a hasty conclusion but the facts don’t support that conclusion. I would simply point people to your article of August 1st, which tells both sides of the story in an unbiased way. When people see the timeline and read Luther’s responses, I think they will see that issue is not as cut and dry and his opponents want to make it.”

Related: Exclusive: A Behind The Scenes Look At Luther Strange’s Senate Appointment

“The second issue is that Luther’s opponents have tried to frame him as the Washington insider. The truth is, Luther’s only been there a few months. Look, Mo Brooks has served his district well for a long time, so I am not against Mo in any way. But if the argument is over who the career politician is, Mo has been there for a very long time, not Luther.”

Bussey and I also discussed his thoughts on Roy Moore.

“I’m an acquaintance or Roy, way back to our Gadsden days. I think he’s an honorable man who has served the country well. In fact, I’ve voted for him every single time he’s run as a judge, and I think he’d be great on the 4th Circuit of Appeals. I simply think Luther Strange is the best fit for that position as a United States Senator.”

In conclusion, Bubba said,

“Finally, I want to say that Rick and I have not historically endorsed candidates in primaries. But Rick did so with Gary Palmer because of their close personal friendship, and I’m doing so with Luther because of my close personal friendship with him and because of all I’ve seen him accomplish. There’s no doubt in my mind Luther Strange is the best man for the job.”

array(1) {

Alabama wins private property rights case against Obama-era regulations

In a victory for private property rights this week, the federal government agreed to reconsider rules adopted during the Obama-era that unreasonably restrict the freedom of Americans to use their land.

“We are encouraged that the Trump administration has agreed to revisit these rules, which threaten property owners’ rights to use any land that the federal government could dream that an endangered species might ever inhabit,” Alabama Attorney General Marshall said in a statement.

Why this matters: Under these rules, unelected federal bureaucrats could designate a piece of private property as “critical habitat” for an endangered species even if the land doesn’t contain that particular species and, moreover, doesn’t even contain some of the features needed to support that species. Use of the land would then be severely limited.

The details:

— The state filed a lawsuit, Alabama v. National Marine Fisheries Service, in November of 2016 challenging the rules, calling them “an unlawful federal overreach.”

— Nearly 20 other states joined the lawsuit, along with four large trade associations.

— The settlement forces federal agencies to submit revised rules for public review within 60 days and retains our freedom to file another lawsuit if their new rules are as excessive as the old ones.

@jpepperbryars is the editor of Yellowhammer News and the author of American Warfighter

Jeff Sessions is right to sue California for ignoring federal immigration laws

America may be a country of immigrants, but it’s also a country of laws. No one is exempt from those laws regardless of what some local officials in sanctuary cities may think.

As you may have seen on the news recently, Attorney General Jeff Sessions recently announced a lawsuit against the State of California for failure to completely cooperate with federal immigration enforcement officers.  I stand with AG Sessions’ decision.

From the mayors and local politicians disregarding federal immigration law to the illegal immigrants they are prioritizing over American citizens, it’s about time we hold these lawless individuals accountable.

The “leaders” in these cities are violating their oath of office and the Constitution.  They should be immediately removed from their positions and the illegal immigrants they are protecting should be deported. Period.

I agree with President Trump that we need to strengthen our borders.  We should build the wall and we should continue to support law enforcement’s crackdown on violent foreign gangs like MS-13.

These efforts mean nothing though if illegal immigrants and criminals can continue to seek refuge in some of our country’s largest cities.

It boils down to fairness, safety and what it means to be a sovereign nation.

A country without borders is hardly a country at all. I’m fed up with seeing the tax dollars from hard-working families across East Alabama go to cities who snub their nose at the very ideals that make America great.  Congress should withhold funding from sanctuary cities that refuse to uphold federal law.

President Trump has proven his tough stance on illegal immigration is much more than just campaign rhetoric. He has already done so much to curtail our illegal immigration crisis but he can’t do it alone.

Elected officials – from the state and local level to Members of Congress – must do their part.

And if they refuse, then they aren’t fit for public service.

U.S. Rep. Mike Rogers is a Republican from Saks.

(Image:U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement/Flickr)

WATCH: Cam Newton’s leadership message resonates with Boy Scouts

When Cam Newton speaks, people listen.

The Carolina Panthers quarterback had the full attention of the audience at the 11th annual American Values Luncheon.

Boy Scouts were among attendees that filled the meeting room at the North Exhibition Hall of the Birmingham-Jefferson Convention Complex.

Auburn head football coach Gus Malzahn joined Newton during a question and answer session. Famous for leading the Auburn Tigers to the 2010 National Championship under Malzahn’s leadership, Newton’s talk followed in the tradition of several other football greats, including Nick Saban, Shaquille O’Neal and Bo Jackson.

Dr. James Andrews, Dr. Jesse Lewis Sr. and Jimmy Rane were honored at the luncheon for their contributions to the community.

Newton shared his life experiences and lessons learned.

(Courtesy Alabama News Center)

Celtic Pride! Joel Blankenship shares his Irish roots with The Ford Faction

Joel Blankenship makes his weekly return to The Ford Faction to talk the St. Patrick’s Day parade held in Birmingham and what the holiday means to him.  Joel mentions the law that can be passed to put Police K9’s in schools to help sniff out guns or drugs.  He provides feedback on what this could mean for schools and how it will benefit the need for police K9’s.

Subscribe to the Yellowhammer Radio Presents The Ford Faction podcast on iTunes or Stitcher.

VIDEO: Alabama Rep. Roby thanks Air Force secretary for decision to bring F-35s to Montgomery

U.S. Representative Martha Roby participated in a defense appropriations subcommittee hearing this week where she expressed her appreciation to Secretary Heather Wilson for the Air Force’s decision to base F-35 Joint Strike Fighters at Dannelly Field in Montgomery.

Roby also discussed other military-related programs in Alabama’s 2nd Congressional District, including helicopter training at Fort Rucker near Enterprise and the professional education programs at Maxwell-Gunter Air Force Base in Montgomery.

(Image: Representative Martha Roby/YouTube)