- What went wrong in Florida shooting? 4 crucial things that were missing
- Cultural elite markets & glamorizes transgenderism to teens, percentages rising
- Where does sexual anarchy lead? Look to Europe’s incest & polygamy legislative initiatives
- Should the evil misuse of liberty mean we give up liberty?
- How to interpret those alarming church statistics
- Why the televangelist who claims there’s no flu is dead-wrong
- Should colleges be required to provide abortion pills?
- The inspiring Super Bowl faith stories showing coaches and players on mission
- Did you know these little known facts about Abe Lincoln?
- Do American teenagers now feel like they ‘should’ have an attention-getting sexual orientation?
- SHOCKING: Dutch woman’s euthanasia horror story and what this means in our death culture
- Here’s what the 38-year-old pedophile who claims he’s a 9-year-old has in common with Netherlands euthanasia case
- Hundreds of Yale students cram into prof’s class on happiness — Here’s what they are looking for
- Revisiting Trump’s State of the Union and the Democrat leaders’ ‘morose’ reactions
- STEP UP LEADERS: Shocking Evangelical statistics, abortion positions should wake us into action
- What happened to ‘safe, legal & rare’ rhetoric? Media, Senate cheerlead abortion practice that puts us with N. Korea, Russia and China
- BORN ALIVE: Abortion legislation is step forward, reveals absurdity — a team to kill baby or save it
- Christians should stop acting like children are a burden
- What the British ‘Minister of Loneliness’ position tells us about culture
- Is the Bible historically accurate? New archaeology find in Israel raises recurring questions
- Be sure your (Twitter) sins will find you out
- Reasons for pro-lifers to rejoice — and double-down — on abortion issues
- How to debate with decorum … and why profane, vulgar arguments reveal weak arguments & minds
- WAKE UP: Pornography is not victimless — it destroys lives and kills people
- Persecution, violence against Christians significantly increased world-wide in 2017
- 3 things contributing to the U.S. drop in life expectancy
- Gov’t attempted to silence this Christian who’s bringing Martin Luther King’s fight to modern times
- Iranian Christians fleeing persecution should get U.S. care and refuge
- What we can learn from the Alabama & Georgia quarterbacks’ post-game responses
- What does academic intolerance of real debate mean for free speech?
- Do you know the frivolous programs your tax dollars fund?
- Blaring Bannon coverage begs question: What’s happened to journalism?
- Call to Christians: Engage in politics & evangelism out of love for neighbor
- New York City votes to fine Biblical counselors for gender dysphoria therapy
- 10 campaign promises Donald Trump kept — or attempted to keep — in his first year
- Is it pointless to make New Year’s resolutions?
- The top 11 news, faith and culture headlines of 2017
- American attitudes about children contribute to our shrinking birth rate
- Here’s what Trump got right (and wrong) in his national security speech
- Tax reform explained: How it helps our culture, our families, our economics
- Advent and Christmas, ever wondered what’s the difference?
- Reformed Christians have lost one of their great theologians, pastors
- The 2 ungodly reactions to politics, current events that Christians must avoid
- Want our trust? The 7 things an elected official MUST do to gain it
- Christian voters faced 4 options in Senate race … only 1 is inexcusable, says Evangelical pastor
- Where the death culture leads: Lawsuits over disabled children who ‘should’ have been aborted
- What’s at stake in the Masterpiece Cakeshop Supreme Court decision
- How to put Trump’s U.S. embassy move to Jerusalem in historical and biblical perspective
- Pastor Harry Reeder: There is hope and a way forward for the Matt Lauers in our lives
- Pastor Harry Reeder: If Supreme Court gets Colorado cake baker, same-sex marriage case wrong, it will be culture tipping point
- Pastor Harry Reeder: Liberal ‘Christianity’ is antithetical to Christianity
- Pastor Harry Reeder: Abortion industry ‘doulas’ try to normalize killing of unborn, but we know abortion is not normal
- Pastor Harry Reeder: Trump’s judicial nominee list shows his commitment to originalists and constitutionalists
- Pastor Harry Reeder: Some evangelicals disagree, but here’s why it’s good to emphasize church celebrations during Christmas
- Pastor Harry Reeder: Our military is weakening and here’s why we need it strong
- Pastor Harry Reeder: Why would we be surprised when culture lives out sexual sin it has promoted for years?
- Pastor Harry Reeder: Churches must stay on-mission as evangelists, not cultural acceptance-seekers
- Pastor Harry Reeder: The Museum of the Bible is a great idea…provided we don’t worship the Bible
- Harry Reeder on sexual reckoning: Our conscience tells us ‘something’s wrong here’ even while our culture promotes sin
- Reeder: We have to be honest despite history rewrites– Pilgrims gave thanks to God
- Reeder: It is ‘absolutely ludicrous’ to think a mother’s absence in crucial first 3 years has no effect
- Reeder: Australian same-sex marriage survey a ‘profile in cowardice’ not courage
- Reeder: Believers ‘speaking up’ made real difference in adoption tax credit provision
- Reeder: Secular culture wants more than ‘tolerance’, insists upon abortion and sexual anarchy ‘celebration’
- Reeder on Roy Moore chaos: ‘Do the next right thing’
- Reeder: Here’s what Christians should say when traditional marriage views are labeled ‘bigotry’
- Reeder on church leaders not meeting privately with the other sex: ‘I’ll take the criticism….I learned it from Billy Graham’
- Reeder on LGBTQ campus activists: ‘They don’t want to debate what a marriage actually is. They want to silence those they cannot answer.’
- Yes, it’s ridiculous there’s a new religion dedicated to AI….but here’s why it matters
- Reeder on Tuesday’s elections: ‘To see this as a referendum on Trump is overstating it’
- Lots of older pastors, not many young ones — what’s going on?
- Elitist ‘gender-isn’t-real’ culture has descended into sophisticated imbecility
- Feeling any Christmas guilt? Here’s the type you should ignore and the type you should face
- Two terminally-ill patients who refused assisted suicide to help others & show life’s sanctity
- HuffPost in a huff about Christian who says she is no longer lesbian
- Religious freedoms under attack — lukewarm, mushy middle Christians will have to choose hot or cold
Listen to the 10 min audio
Read the transcript:
CALIFORNIA PASSES BILL FOR UNIVERSITIES TO PROVIDE CHEMICAL ABORTIONS
TOM LAMPRECHT: Harry, Life Action is reporting on a rather alarming story out of the State of California. The State of California Senate has voted to approve a bill that would require all public colleges and universities in the state to provide medication abortion pills on campus. The bill is now sent to the California Assembly for approval. According to the bill sponsors, somewhere between 10 and 17 women try to get an abortion each month on every University of California campus and between 9 and 15 each month at California State University.
DR. REEDER: Now we have a state-supported school that is going to be handing out chemical and medical abortion medication as if it’s a health instrument — an aspirin or a pack of Tums or something — when, in reality, it’s a chemical and pharmaceutical instrument of death.
When you conceive, that is a biological act that God has ordained that, when a sperm and an egg are united and then the egg is implanted, that is a God-ordained created process. Whatever that baby is in its DNA and existence is fully there at the moment at conception. The only thing that’s going to be added is size. This is a human being that is conceived in the mother’s womb, framed and formed by the sovereign hand of God through the biological processes He has ordained.
When you interrupt that medically and pharmaceutically to kill the baby, there’s nothing natural about that. It is not only lethal for the baby — so there’s one murder — it is also dangerous for the woman. The RU-486 is documented as a dangerous pill. I know it’s FDA-approved, I know it’s used and I know nobody talks about it, but infections, hemorrhaging and all kinds of things that take place.
I cannot help but wonder, along with the author of the article, what in the world this college is going to do when someone takes it — and, inevitably, it is going to happen — they begin to hemorrhage. What do you have available at the college to address that issue? Or, as has happened, death to the woman results to this — what are you going to do about that?
FUNDRAISING FOR DEATH INSTRUMENT
They went out and raised the money, $20 million, to fund the initiation of this project. Well, there’s two thoughts that come to me in looking at this from a Christian world and life view. No. 1, the realization that, once this gets started, it will be continued and you’re not going to keep raising the funds. That means taxpayer money is going to be used, not only to supply aspirins through the health clinic at the college, but now the abortion pill — the instrument of death for children — is now going to be paid for through tax money of the citizens of the State of California.
The second thing is what kind of people would be suspect to raising that much money — $20 million? It was said that there were certain corporations. I would love to know the corporations who are so committed that they would give that kind of money to the killing of children in the womb.
STUDENTS ARE BEING LIED TO AND IN DANGER
And then the third thing that comes out of this is the lies that are told to women. “This is safe” — no, it’s not. “This won’t have any effect on your life” — yes, it will. Women are documented on the after effects emotionally, physically, medically and psychologically in their life.
And then the final thing, Tom, is this: There is much that drives the abortion industry — not only its profitability, not only the money that’s made from it, but also why it is there. The abortion industry and the abortifacient drugs are all there as an all-out assault upon the unwanted child and how did the child get there? The child got there and, in almost every case, it’s outside of the bounds of marriage due to sexual immorality.
SEXUAL REVOLUTION NOW REACHES INTO STATE INSTITUTIONS
The sexual revolution demands the accessibility of abortion any time, any place, for any reason. That’s why the Democratic Party supports it, that’s why the secular elite support it and that’s why corporations will give that money. You’ve got to have abortion if you’re going to have a sexual revolution because, when you have sex, there are going to be children that are conceived. However, nobody had sex to get the children conceived — they had sex to manipulate, sex to gratify, sex to seek their own self-esteem.
The sexual revolution, in its pervasiveness, in its promiscuity and now in its perversion, will end up with something unwanted — it’s called a child which, actually, God had ordained as the purpose of sex. The purpose of sex was not gratification; that is the secular humanist hijacking of sexuality.
I am not saying that the sexual relationship within a marriage is not a blessing — it is — but it was given by God so that we might be fruitful and multiply. Therefore, when people insist on rewriting sex as an instrument of personal advancement, personal gratification or other person manipulation, whenever the sexual revolution continues to move on those tracks, there are going to be children. Therefore, abortion becomes the sacrament of the religion of the sexual revolution where you’ve got to promote it, you’ve got to have accessibility for it, you’ve got to normalize it. This culture of death is not embraced because you’ve got to get rid of the inevitable unwanted consequences of the sexual revolution.
And where is it most prevalent now? It is promoted on the college campuses. Where do we need to get this abortion accessible? At the earliest moment, at any expense, under the façade of safety — then we’ve got to go to the college campuses. California says, “We’ll raise the banner.” The government steps in. “By the way, we’re getting it funded outside taxpayer money.” Not for long. That’ll only last a little while and then, once it’s implemented, once it’s installed, now the taxpayer will have to pay for it and the continual dissipation and depravity of a death culture is propagated and multiplied. And it won’t stop in California — it will move to other states and then seep into the states in the heartland of America.
ASIDE FROM MORALITY, LEGAL LIABILITY RAISES QUESTIONS
TOM LAMPRECHT: Harry, let me read you a quote from Toni Molle, who is a California State University spokeswoman. She says, “Currently, our CSU health centers offer basic health services. However, the administration of medication still requires a level of expertise that our health center staff may not have. This bill may impose severe costs for liability insurance, safety improvements, medical training and round-the-clock phone support for medical emergencies.” Yet, no mention about the loss of life.
DR. REEDER: It will kill babies — but they won’t be able to bring a lawsuit — but it is going to have physical, medical, and even lethal effects upon the women who receive it as it is doled out through the college campuses. And, when those disastrous effects come and there wasn’t clear warning, and there wasn’t access to remedial medical help because of the consequences of this pill, now you’re going to have legal action of the parents of the girls and perhaps the girls, themselves. And, when the legal action, now you want to see a cost factor that’s being added to the taxpayers? The taxpayers will have to pay the court costs to defend the colleges from these legal lawsuits and the taxpayers will have to come up with the money for the settlements to those who are impacted by this pill and the inevitable adverse effects that it will produce.
THERE IS A BETTER WAY TO SERVE STUDENTS
Can I just merely say to the State of California that there’s a better way. Say no to the sexual revolution and say yes to sexual sanity, and that is the promotion of sexuality as an instrument of blessing that’s given by God within marriage that also then leads to the children that are not inconvenient — children are a blessing of the Lord. “How blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them.”
Not only sanity in terms of sexual ethics and sanity in terms of marital fidelity, but now sanity in terms of what is a college there to do? A college is not there to go to class and then go jump in the bed. It is not there to promote the sexual revolution. It is there to educate people, not educate people into imbecility, into irrationality and into the destruction of the sexual revolution and its sacrament of abortion.
Dr. Harry L. Reeder III is the Senior Pastor of Briarwood Presbyterian Church in Birmingham.
This podcast was transcribed by Jessica Havin, editorial assistant for Yellowhammer News. Jessica has transcribed some of the top podcasts in the country and her work has been featured in a New York Times Bestseller.